Wednesday, August 5, 2009

This is not an abandoned house

I can't believe it's a been a month since I've posted. However, I am still riding and taking photos along the way. It's actually, unbelievably, been a glorious few weeks of weather for riding. Mostly highs in the 80s. Just the last few days have gotten back up into the 90s, and honestly, that's just not that bad. I've started a new schedule which might be why I've been slacking here (again). Usually my biking to work replaces my running or vice versa. For a while I would drive downtown and run then drive home, shower, and ride to work. That always seems really ridiculous. So, I signed up for a locker at the downtown YMCA for $11. Along with being able to store stuff there, they wash your running (or workout or whatever) clothes every day and put them in your locker. I usually throw in some undies and socks for good measure. It's a really good deal. Guaranteed clean running clothes (and undies) every day, I'm not driving back and forth to downtown, I'm getting a little extra riding in, my ride to Lucy's Coffee and Tea is only a mile from the Y and then a Mile from there to work, I get to turn my AC off at home a lot earlier and I'm showering at the Y so I figure I'm saving on hot water as well. It's really nice to putt putt the mile to Lucy's and then to work, arriving still fresh, rather than the 4 or so to Lucy's and then to work, which was just enough to leave me good and sweaty on a hot day.

Hasta la Proxima

No comments: