Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Shoes

Shoes on 7th Avenue.
Posts seem to be coming far and few between these days. I find myself posting in clumps. As of Monday, my bike is out of commission. I've been having some derailleur problems which are annoying but not too disruptive. More recently I've realized that I really need to get my bike a full tune up - wheels trued, breaks adjusted, derailleur problem fixed, etc.. Then Monday I had a flat downtown. After I fixed it and got to work, I saw a little bulge on the sidewall of my tire, and realized that my tire is shot. These tires have been great, but they seem to be a bit small for the rims, and they are a real pain in the ass to get on in off, so I decided it's time to move on to something else. It started to sound like I was going to have to spend a fair amount of money to get my bike up and running again. Which led me to the idea that maybe it's time for a new bike. Of course, this has led to the world of options that are available. I don't need or want another mountain bike. I don't do any real long distance or racing rides. I do want something that has a little get up and go. So, I'm thinking about getting my first fixed gear. With brakes. I've thought about trying to build my own, but now I'm at the point where I need a bike, so I'm looking at just plunking down on a cheap entry level bike. Or who knows, I'm pretty indecisive.

1 comment:

Anna said...

come to the shop (bici) and have a chat with us!